Falcon Shocks JL Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks
Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks offer a wide range of adjustability with their easy to use three-position Fast Adjust Knob. Settings include soft, medium, and firm. The middle setting incorporates an eight-position Micro Adjust Dial for more precise tuning between soft and firm. The new Mode Adjust feature tunes compression and rebound for Soft or Performance settings.
Volume Optimized Damping
Falcon’s proprietary Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) features a digressive linear valve to improve vehicle feedback, stability, and control during low-speed, high-speed, and off-road driving. As the piston compresses and rebounds, the valve restricts oil flow creating a damping effect.
VOD’s quicker ramp up increases damping volume during low-speed driving as well as reduces shock bottoming at full compression during faster speeds or over uneven terrain.
Traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers react quickly during low-speed driving causing excessive “head toss” on rough terrain – or even driveways. Conventional damping then firms up during faster shaft speeds resulting in a jarring ride.
With Volume Optimized Damping, stability and control are maintained throughout all driving conditions.
Historically, universal shock absorbers and steering stabilizers have been adapted to fit many applications with minimal tuning. Falcon Performance Shocks rewrites the book on damper development. These new shock absorbers and steering stabilizers are engineered to meet the unique requirements of the Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited.
These Jeep-specific shock absorbers deliver increased stability, improved ride quality, and comfort for daily driven vehicles as well as race-inspired performance, handling, and stability for off-road rigs.
Built from the ground up with a focus on fitment and function, Falcon’s corner-specific Series 3 Piggyback and Series 2 Monotube shock absorbers and Wrangler-specific Nexus EF 2 steering stabilizers deliver the best damping characteristics possible. After a lengthy and painstaking development process, we have delivered these advanced dampers to the awaiting Jeep market.
*JL EcoDiesel piggyback rear shocsk have a 0.4" less stroke and extended length to provide proper clearance for the DEF tank
- SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks - all 4
- Rear roost guards - pair
- All necessary hardware
Features & Benefits:
Series 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks:
- Series 3.3 Fast Adjust shocks can be tuned for specific terrain and/or handling characteristics
- Fast Adjust Knob w/ 3 compression settings for large damping adjustments
- Micro Position Dial w/ 8 compression settings for finer damping adjustments
- Ideal for daily driven Jeeps as well as the serious enthusiast wanting to adjust damping for all driving conditions
SP2 Mode Adjust Shocks:
- SP2 Mode Adjust shocks add Soft and Performance modes
- Tunes both compression and rebound – provides noticeable benefits in ride quality and handling
- Twist counterclockwise for Soft and clockwise for Performance
- Adjustment is only possible w/ shock fully extended
- During normal driving, the Soft mode allows a partial bypass of the main piston for less restriction and a softer ride.
- During aggressive driving, the Soft mode retains performance tuning for optimal handling
- Soft is recommended for rough roads/trails, embedded rocks, expansion joints, and/or winter temperatures
- Performance setting recommended for maximum highway and/or off-road handling, stability, and control w/ minimal head toss
- Fast Adjust Knob and Micro Position Knob (3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shock) operation unaffected
Falcon Series 3 Piggyback Shocks:
- Piggyback design features increased oil and gas capacity vs. monotube or twin-tube designs reducing heat buildup for more consistent performance
- Piggyback fluid passage design flows 6x more oil than restrictive reservoir hose designs as well as eliminates common leakage issues found in banjo and swivel fittings
- Front shock features unique piggyback design w/ horizontal reservoir to increase clearance for large tires
Falcon Shocks (All):
- Vehicle-specific shock absorbers
- Race-inspired performance for increased vehicle stability
- Improved dynamic roll control and low-speed damping
- Dramatic improvement in on-road comfort and off-road performance
- Optimized fitment for clearance during full suspension travel and articulation
- 2.25” shock body provides optimal performance
- 6061-T6 aluminum alloy shock body resists wear and protects internal components while providing superior heat dissipation
- Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long-term performance
- 3/4” induction hardened chrome plated shaft resists rock damage and corrosion as well as prevents shaft buckling
- Maximum shaft diameter allows for more precise tuning
- Hard anodized billet piston
- 1-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band w/ O-ring
- Digressive linear piston and base valve technology
- Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) for quicker ramp up and increased damping volume
- Inline OGS (Oil/Gas Separator) prevents cavitation
- Red Line full synthetic shock oil w/ high viscosity index of 519 for consistent performance across all temperatures and reduced shock fade
- Synthetic formula also contains special anti-wear and lubricity agents for excellent thermal stability
- 1,000-hour salt spray corrosion resistance test on all hardware
- Serviceable and rebuildable (factory serviced)
- Designed, engineered, and assembled in-house from domestic and globally sourced components
- Patent pending design
- 3-year warranty
- Bump stop configuration varies depending on shock absorber collapsed length, tire size, and fenders – See instructions for proper configuration for your application.
- May require 2” Bump Stop Strike Pad Extension Kit and/or 0.5” Bump Stop Strike Pad Shim Kit(s).