King 4.5" Pure Race Series Piggy Back Bypass Shock
King 4.5 Pure Race Series Bypass Shocks, 1" Shaft
King's Pure Race Series shocks represent the highest level of race shock development; they are designed with one purpose in mind, all out racing. Our constant process of research and development has allowed us to dominate in the toughest races on the planet like the legendary Baja 1000 and the Dakar Rally.
The Pure Race series have unique materials and design features to withstand blistering temperatures up to 450 degrees and the immense forces encoun-tered by the fastest competition only vehicles. Every aspect of these shocks has been optimized to deliver brute strength, unparalleled performance and precision adjustability. King Pure Race series shocks deliver the control you need whether you are floating through the whoops in a high strung screamer or punishing the dirt in your big bore heavyweight. If your goal is to dominate the competition you need to experi-ence the level of control a set of Kings will provide.
100% made in the USA under the strictest tolerances from the highest quality materials obtainable. Easily tunable and serviceable with simple hand tools.
- Shock cylinders are precision bored to within +/- .001, then honed after cadmium plating to remove buildup for a tight piston seal and optimum valving function. Coilover shocks are machined with our own truncated thread design for ultimate strength and trouble free spring adjustments.
- Lightweight hard anodized 6063 aluminum alloy reservoirs dissipate heat quickly and will not rust due to gas charging contamination. Threaded end caps withstand high pressures and ease in maintenance.
- O-ring Schrader cover that mounts to the cap, not the valve itself, creates a positive seal and keeps dirt and moisture out.
- The heat treated 2024 aluminum alloy piston has our highly developed port configurations that contribute to the unique damping performance.
- Heat treated stainless alloy valve shims have a unique grain structure that does not fracture and remains stable at high temperatures to maintain consistent valve function.
- Wear bands are made from an exclusive PTFE bronze composite that wears longer than any other material available.
- Viton rod seals withstand temps up to 450 degrees. Wiper seals are machined with diamond tooling from a high temperature resistant carbon composite material.
- Large diameter shafts are induction heat treated, hard chromed and micro polished to a mirror finish. The 58-62 Rockwell hardness and 100,000 psi tensile strength shafts require expensive, specialized machining operations but the additional effort eliminates rock damage and creates a superior sealing surface.
- Aluminum components are machined from aircraft quality billet.
King, Pure Race series bypass and coil over shocks are built to exacting standards with one thing in mind; performance above all else. Bypass shock tubes are made from 4130 Chromoly material. The bypass ports are cnc drilled then hand de-burred and polished. The bypass tubes are beautifully tig welded in their designated locations before the completed assemblies are pressure tested to 300 psi. The welded and plated bodies are then precision bored to +/- .001 of an inch before honing. The ports consist of an array of smaller holes to help maintain piston seal. The piston slides over the fluid passages without scuffing the wear band or seals. The port openings are meticulously flow matched to the bypass tubes to provide unrestricted fluid flow to the valves. Tube locations are determined using your vehicle specifics and King's knowledge base accumulated through years of testing. They are designed as a left and right and come with your choice of reservoir mounting options to fit your chassis like a glove.
King bypass valves are built to critical tolerances using high-temp 17-4 stainless steel alloy. King's adjusters offer a level of functional adjustability that is unmatched. The first turn of the high strength heat treated adjusting screw offers the same precise metering as the last. Each bypass stage is separately tunable, position sensitive and operates independently from the others. King's cold drawn 2024 billet aluminum piston design incorporates King's deep understanding of fluid dynamics and precision machining abilities. The gapless, PTFE impregnated bronze wear band is pre-loaded in the piston groove with a Viton o-ring so it fits tightly into the bore and creates a double seal. This optimizes valving function and on the bypass shock seals so well that it allows the final compression stage to be used as a hydraulic bump stop. King bypass and coil over shocks contain stainless alloy heat treated valve shims that remain stable at high tempera-tures to maintain consistent damping and avoid fatigue cracks like carbon steel shims.