Trail-Gear 2.7L / 3.4L Tacoma Full Hydraulic Steering Kit
Full Hydraulic steering kits for 1995-2004 Toyota Tacomas are now available from Trail-Gear. This kit uses all of our trail tested full hydraulic components designed to fit on 2.7L, and 3.4L applications. All mounting brackets are included and have been specifically designed for ruggedness and ease of installation.
This kit takes all the guesswork out of setting up a hydraulic steering system. The pump puts out 1650 PSI of pressure. All high-pressure hoses are steel braided with crimped-on ends. This kit is ideal for use with links and also works with most leaf spring applications. The 6" ram is recommended for use with the TG Rock Assault True Tacoma width housing, but the 8" and 10" ram kits will accommodate almost any front axle housing. This kit is the most user-friendly kit on the market - we thought of everything so you don't have to.Specifications
- Primary and secondary rod seal to ensure that fluid leakage would never be an issue
- Two wiper seal design
- Triple Lip Piston Seal for consistent steering with no drift or fluid bypassing the piston
- The bushing allows the rod to absorb much higher side loads
- 4340 Chromoly steel piston shaft
- Our Double Ended Ram have a 6", 8", or 10" stroke x 2.25" bore x 1.125” rod
- The cylinder has a black zinc-plate finish while the rod has 3/4x16 female threads on each end and is made entirely out of 4340
- Chromoly material
- The 6-inch ram and clevis kit has 6 total inches of travel and is perfect for Toyota's and narrowed Dana 44's.
- The 8-inch ram and clevis kit has 8 total inches of travel and was made to work with Dana 44's and custom length Dana 60 applications.
- The 10-inch ram and clevis kit has 10 total inches of travel and is used for buggies and comp rigs with up to 45-degree steering radius.
- 1,650 PSI of pressure
- 6", 8", or 10" Double Ended Ram and Clevis Kit
- Orbital (100ml, 125ml, or 160ml)
- Full Hydraulic Steering Pump with Pulley
- Tie Rod Kit
- Double Ended Ram Mounting Kit
- Orbital Mounting Kit
- Reservoir with Filter
- Reservoir Bracket
- Complete hose kit
- All necessary hardware
- If you are using our Rock Assault™ 9 Front Axle Housing, you will need to use a 10" ram for your steering setup.
- If you have not already SAS’d your truck you will need to purchase the appropriate steering column kit.
- If you are installing this kit on a 2.7L Tacoma we recommend relocating the battery to accommodate the power steering reservoir filter.
- Never use ATF fluid or a semi-synthetic blend. This will void the warranty. Ok to use standard power steering fluid.
- The color or appearance of some items in this kit may differ slightly from the photo.